PS Duke of Cambridge
1866 Built at Port Glasgow. 92 tons. 50 N.H.P.
In 1875, the Woolwich Steam Packet Co purchased four steamboats from the Clyde; three of these had been built to re-establish a service between Helensburgh and the Gareloch by a company which had gone into liquidation. The second steamer from the same Company was the ARDGOWAN, which was renamed DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE. Built in 1866 at Port Glasgow, by L. Hill and Co, she had oscillating engines and one haystack boiler.
See Also
Sources of Information
- 'Steamers of the Thames and Medway' by Frank Burtt
