Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 136,062 pages of information and 218,544 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Opened before 1815.
Merged with Urpeth 'C' Colliery on 30 Mar 1957.
Closed 31 Jan 1959.
Owners:- Pelaw Main Collieries Ltd. then (1947) NCB.
Located 6-9 miles south of Newcastle.