Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,787 pages of information and 213,827 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1793 James Ormiston founded the business, and it continued in the Ormiston family ownership to present day (2015). First address was 22 Bread Street, London
1839 Priest Shrubb Ormiston took over running the business
c1843 Registered as the Ormiston Brass and Copper Co
1848 Moved to 26 St. Martin's lane
1865 Moved to 209 Upper Thames Street
Bought W. J. Johnson for £1,250 when they had financial diffculties and moved to their premises in Old Street
1880 Registered as Philip Ormiston and Co and listed as Brass and Copper Manufacturers and Fine Wire Drawers.
c1898 Philip Joshua Ormiston takes over running the business
Moved to 79 Clerkenwell Road
1912 Philip Herbert Ormiston took over the business but when he died age 39 his wife Dorothy took over the running
1917 Listed as P. Ormiston and Sons
1932 John Ormiston took over the running of the business
1941 April 21st. Clerkenwell Road premises hit by a bomb. Machines rescued and repaired and moved to Ealing.
1959 Premises at Broughton Road built
1989 Moved from Ealing to Isleworth
2015 Company still trading. Web site