Omega Motor Cycle Co
Omega was a motorcycle produced between 1909 and 1910, in Hillfields, Wolverhampton
The machine was first seen at the 1909 late-Stanley show, and was a bicycle with a 1.5hp, 203 cc engine fitted at the bottom bracket. The engine had a horizontal cylinder with a crankshaft formed so that the pedal shaft could pass through its centre. It had an epicyclic reduction gear with chain drive to the rear wheel, and gear drive to the Simms magneto. The motorcycle was well made and available in both gents' and ladies' form. It sold for 25 guineas.
No connection with the Omega motorcycle produced by W. J. Green and Co
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
-  Wolverhampton Heritage and History Society