Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 149,270 pages of information and 234,239 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Old Chain Pier, Brighton

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
c.1828 painting by J. M. W. Turner at Petworth House
1839 print

The Royal Suspension Chain Pier was the first major pier built in Brighton, England. Built in 1823, it was destroyed during a storm in 1896.

Designed by Captain S. Brown.

See Also


Sources of Information