Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,355 pages of information and 230,031 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Ogston Motor Co of Victoria Road, Acton.
1914 Manufacture of Wilkinson's solo and sidecar motorcycle was taken over by the Ogston Motor Co. Many detail improvements were made.
1914-15 Produced the Deemster automobile
Post-WWI Produced Deemster cars until 1924
This short-lived make was an advanced machine with an 848cc, in-line, four cylinder engine, three-speed gearbox, shaft drive, rear bevel-box and bucket seat. They were very expensive. The firm also produced the Wilkinson TMC for a brief period. J. N. Ogston involved in the design
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Cars see the 1917 Red Book. Produced the Deemster.
1913-1917 For a list of the models and prices of Petrol Motor Commercial Vehicles see the 1917 Red Book
1920 The Ogston Motor Co (1918) announced its postal address as Victoria Road and that goods should go to Southfield Road.
1920 Share prospectus. £250,000 capital. Directors are H. C. Scofield (Chairman), J. M. Ogston (Joint MD); T. B. Humphries (Director of the Global Shipping Co); A. G. Ogston (Director of Ogston and Tennant); Joseph Rose (Director of Hazlewood Shipping Co); Capt. C. J. Stanley (Direstor Consol Aerators).
1924 February. By order of the receiver, the Sale of the premises 'The Deemster Works, Victoria Road, and leasehold premises at Southfield Road, Acton, and the plant and machinery.