Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,435 pages of information and 233,876 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The first Newport Power Station was completed in 1895.
c.1902 After seven years, the increasing demand for electricity made it necessary to build an additional power station in Newport, in Corporation Road.
1938 The East Power Station is a selected station for the South West England and South Wales electricity area, producing, under the directions of the Central Electricity Board, an output of some 100,000,000 units of electricity per annum.