Newman Hender Group
1923 Charles Percy Newman purchased the Woodchester Works of the United Brassfounders and Engineers, as a going concern from the receiver of that company and also re-registered the name of Newman, Hender and Co, whose business had been absorbed by the United Brassfounders and Engineers in 1910 to resume its independent identity. The intention of the new company was to manufacture a complete line of valves, cocks and general steam and water fittings, such as had been made at the various works of the United Brassfounders and Engineers.
1948 Company made public.
1961 Manufacturers of bronze, iron and steel valves, cocks and general fittings for steam, air, water, oil and gas services. 1,800 employees. 
1968 Order for bellows valves. 
Became Newman Hender Group