Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 129,286 pages of information and 204,290 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

New Pelapone Engine Co

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
1922.
1925. Pelapone PD6 17-litre petrol engine. Exhibit at the Internal Fire Museum of Power.
1925. Pelapone PD6 17-litre petrol engine. Exhibit at the Internal Fire Museum of Power.
Exhibit at Armley Mill Museum.
Diesel engine at the Gower Heritage Centre

of Lofthouse Gate, Wakefield

of Meadow Lane, Leeds

c1902 Ernest Charles Prudence began building small oil engines and sold as the Prudence Lighting Plant

1910 Company formed at Leeds from the name 'Prudence Electric Lighting And Power Our New Engine'

1912 Pelapone Engine Co was removed from the list of joint stock companies[1]

WWI Company moved to Batley Carr near Dewsbury

1924 Following flood damage the company moved to Wakefield

1927 Generating Set. Exhibit at Armley Mill Museum

1934 Agreement with Ricardo and Co saw the introduction of the D50 engine

1937 Manufacturers of stationary petrol and diesel engines. "Pelapone" Petrol and Diesel Engines. [2]

1948 The company moved to Slack Lane, Derby, and the name changed to Pelapone Engines

1967 Became subsidiary of Dewhurst and Partner


See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. London Gazette 29 November 1912
  2. 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
  • A-Z of British Stationary Engines by Patrick Knight. Published 1996. ISBN 1 873098 37 5