Neepsend Power Station
The Neepsend power station was built at Owlerton on a site between the River Don and the Great Central Railway.
1910 The station first supplied electricity
1914 Further equipment was added to meet the rising demand for electricity.
By 1923 the station had a generating capacity of 65MW.
Late 1930s: further generating plant was installed at both Neepsend and Blackburn Meadows power stations.
1948-50 Further generating plant was installed at Neepsend.
1976 Neepsend power station was closed.