Mount Zeehan (Tasmania) Silver-Lead Mines
Mount Zeehan (Tasmania) Silver-Lead Mines Limited (Company No: 30493) was incorporated in December 1889 to exploit newly discovered deposits of lead-silver ore (known as galenite or galena).[1]
"This Company in formed to acquire and work 13 mining claims, over an area of about 655 acres, situated among the recently discovered silver-lead deposits at Mount Zeehan, West Coast of Tasmania. The Tasmanian Government has arranged for the early construction of a railway from Macquarie Harbour to Zeehan, in order to open up the mining field." Capital £275,000.[2] Office, 353 Mansion House Chambers, 11 Queen Victoria Street, London EC. Directors:-
- Daniel C Griffith Esq., Chairman. 41 New Broad Street, E.C. Director of the British Broken Hill Proprietary Company Limited.
- Jas. Alex. Crawfors Esq., 42 Clarendon Road, W.
- Commissary-General Latham W Blacker, Junior Army and Navy Club.
- William E Walker esq,. Whitehaven. Director Whitehaven Hematite Iron and Steel Company Limited.
Consulting Engineers - Walker, Peile and Wilson, Mansion House Chambers, London.
1922 In voluntary liquidation.[3]
See Also
"The Wild West of Tasmania. Being a description of the silver fields of Zeehan and Dundas." By Wilberton Tilley, Published 1891. (Kissinger Legacy Reprints)
