Morton-Adam was a firm in Coventry, who produced motorcycles from 1923 to 1925.
of 272 Foleshill Road, Coventry and 6 Matlock Road, Bishopgate Green
The Morton is possibly T. E. Morton
1923 The company started with a 2.5 hp 246 cc two-stroke lightweight, using their own engine which had an over-hung crank, outside flywheel and one-piece barrel with crankcase casting and detachable head. Although Webb forks and single-speed belt drive were standard, the frame had provision for a two-speed gearbox.
1924 A simple overhead-camshaft engine, of the same capacity, was designed and constructed along similar lines, but with chain drive to a camshaft built into a machine with three-speed Burman gearbox and all-chain drive.
1925 Both models were available with transmission options. It was their final year.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X