Millin Selby (1830-1880)
of Teakova Cotton Mill, near Ivanova, Vladimir, Russia: (or care of Millin Selby, Sen., Atherton Hall, Leigh, near Manchester.)
1881 Obituary 
MILLIN SELBY was born at Courtown, near Gorey, county Wexford, Ireland, on 26th January 1830; and was educated at Brucke Hall School, Warrington.
After serving the usual period of pupilage as a mechanical engineer, he was engaged by Messrs. de Jersey of Manchester in 1856 to proceed to Russia to erect the machinery for a large cotton mill near Moscow.
On completion of this he was employed by Messrs. Karetnikoff of Teakova to superintend the erection there of cotton spinning mills and weaving sheds, (lye and bleach works, &c., of which he afterwards conducted the management successfully for upwards of nineteen years.
In 1876 he returned to England, and soon afterwards bought the works of the Patricroft Spinning Co.; these he carried on until his death, which took place on 12th July 1880, after a short illness.
He became a Member of the Institution in 1867.