Millbank Street Power Station
One of 3 power stations of the Westminster Electric Supply Co
Equipped with steam-engines and electrical equipment similar to that at the Davies Street Power Station.
Three engines were installed especially for supplying the Houses of Parliament, and there is also a special switchboard for the House mains.
Between 1899 and 1902 the company changed the system of direct-current steam-generation at its 3 stations to motor-generator operation.
c.1910 The station was demolished to make way for the embankment road from the House of Commons towards Chelsea. The capacity was replaced by the new Horseferry Road Power Station.
Sources of Information
- Obituary of C. O. Grimshaw