of Washwood Heath, Birmingham and Shrewsbury
1853 The company was established.
In addition to building stock for practically all the British railways, the firm completed contracts for many countries world-wide.
1881 The company was registered as limited on 12 September. 
1896/7 Directory: Listed for Railway Equipment. 
1902 Rationalisation of the rolling stock industry began when the Metropolitan Amalgamated Railway Carriage and Wagon Co was formed, incorporating Joseph Wright's old firm with other well known companies such as Ashbury, Brown, Marshalls and Co, Oldbury and Lancaster railway carriage companies.
1912 Moved from Landor Street to new works at Washwood Heath in Birmingham.
1913 One of 15 established companies involved in manufacture and hiring-out of railway rolling stock
WWI Hosted a National Shell Factory
By 1924 was an associate company of Cammell, Laird and Co
1926 Received an order from the London and North-Eastern Railway for four articulated trains comprising thirty-two coaches in all.