Midland Electric Corporation
Midland Electric Corporation for Power Distribution
1897 Company formed to distribute electricity in South Staffordshire, as result of an initiative of Thomas Parker. The M.E.C. was the first company to get statutory powers to distribute electricity over a large and varied area. A power station was built at Ocker Hill with sub-stations at Bilston, Brierley Hill, Darlaston, Old Hill, Tipton and Wednesbury.
Sources of Information
- The Times, 10 March 1948