Metropolitan-Vickers High Voltage Research Laboratory
of Trafford Park, Manchester.
NB This is a subset of Metropolitan-Vickers
By 1930 Metropolitan-Vickers had been working on high voltage research for 15 years
1930 The HV laboratory was opened by Sir Ernest Rutherford, who touched upon the need for much higher electrical pressures than were then available for the atomic research upon which he himself was engaged.
The laboratory had been constructed to examine the insulation problems that arise in connection with the transmission of electric current at very high voltages.
The first director was Thomas Edward Allibone
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1930/03/07