Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 145,005 pages of information and 230,628 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Note: This is a sub-section of Metropolitan-Vickers
1919 Construction of steam turbines, generators, transformers, switchgear and converter plant had been a major part of the activities of the predecessor company, British Westinghouse.
In addition to large steam turbines and generators for central power stations, M-V produced small, self-contained units with gearboxes and condensers. Nearly 500 had been made by 1949, including many mobile units for the USSR in WW2.
1927 Six-year agreeement signed with Machinostroi of the USSR to manufacture turbines to M-V designs. I. R. Cox was the M-V Resident Engineer. A seven-year agreement was signed with the State Electrical Trust in 1931.
Oaky Zone Hydro-Electric Station (NSW, Australia): 2.5 MW alternator driven by Boving turbine
Waddamana Power Station, Tasmania: Two 3.5 MW alternators (1916)
Whakamaru (New Zealand): Four 26.1 MW Francis turbines designed and built by Dominion Engineering and four M-V 27.8 MVA generators. Fully commissioned in 1956. By 2010 only one machine had had a major overhaul.
PS = Power Station
TA = Turbine-alternator unit
HP =High Pressure
LP = Low Pressure
Dates are, generally, approximate commissioning dates
Note: Many power stations contained turbine-generators from a variety of makers.
Astley Green Colliery: One 2 MW TA
Ballylumford 'A': Two 30 MW TAs (1940s) 
Barrow-in-Furness PS: One 10 MW & one 7 MW TA (late 1950s)
Battersea Power Station 69 MW and 105 MW TAs.
Blackburn Meadows PS (Sheffield): Two 50 MW TAs
Blyth 'A' PS: Four 120 MW TAs (1958-60)
Bold 'A' PS: Four 30 MW TAs (1953-7)
Bowhill Colliery: One TA (c.1955)
Brimsdown Power Station: 'A' station: one 20 and one 31 MW TA; 'B' station: one 56.9 MW TA54 & 60 MW TAs
Brunswick Wharf (Poplar): Four 55 MW TAs, two 60 MW TAs with hydrogen cooling (1952-6)
Chamber Hall Power Station, Bury: One 10 MW TA
Carmarthen Bay P.S. Two 52.5 MW and four 60 MW TAs
Carrington (Cheshire): Four 60 MW TAs.
Chadderton 'A' (Slacks Valley PS): Three 13.75 MW TAs (1929)
Chadderton 'B': Four 60 MW TAs (Official opening 1955). Closed 1982
Clarence Dock Power Station (Liverpool): 51.5 MW TAs
Cliff Quay Power Station (Suffolk): Six 45 MW TAs
Croydon: Four 52.5 MW TAs; one 30.8 MW TA?
Dalmarnock: 18.5 MW TAs (c.1920).
Deptford East HP: Three 55.5 MW TAs
Deptford West: Three 35 MW and one 50 MW TAs
Elland Power Station: Three 60 MW TAs
Fulham Power Station: Five 60 MW TAs
Greenhill PS (Oldham): Two 6.6 MW, one 4 MW (1920s?)
Grimsby power station: Two TAs
Lancaster LP PS: One 1.1, one 2.1, one 5 MW (1916-28)
Lancaster HP PS: Two 20.8 MW TA (1942)
Littlebrook 'B': Two 60 MW TAs (1949-50), including first British hydrogen-cooled alternators.
Neepsend P.S. (Sheffield): Two 60 MW TAs.
North Tees 'A': Two 20 MW TAs. High steam conditions (450 psi/650°F), with reheat and multi-stage feed heating, using Ferranti's patents of 1902 and 1906.. In 1922 W. S. Monroe of Sargent & Lundy, based in Chicago, described the stations as the most advanced in the world.
North Tees 'B': One TA
Northampton (Nunn Mills) PS: One 10 MW, one 12.5 MW TA
Pinkston (Glasgow) PS: 10 MW TA (1935), 25 MW TA (1938), 30 MW (1954)
Portishead: 60 MW TAs (first 1500 rpm set in 1928 was the largest example made in the UK at the time).
South Denes: Two 60 MW TAs
St Helens P.S. One 12.5 MW TAs
Stoke-on-Trent PS: Two 3 MW, two 12 MW (1920s?)
Wandsworth Power Station: One 6 MW TA
West Ham Power Station: Two 10 MW, one 12.5 MW TA
Wilford PS (Nottingham): One 60 MW TA (1957)
Willesden: 32 MW TA (1940s). Three cylinders, 3000 rpm, 1300 psig, 950F
Wimbledon PS: Four 3.75 MW TAs
For more information, see Metropolitan-Vickers Electrical Co 1899-1949 by John Dummelow and Wikipedia entry for coal-fired power stations in England
Amagasaki (Japan): One 53 MW turbine-generator (the station contained five other sets of Japanese manufacture).
Bloemfontein (South Africa): One 1 MW turbine-generator
Bunnerong 'A' (Australia): Six 25 MW turbine-generators (1926-30)
Catalagzi (Turkey): Six 20 MW turbine-generators (1940s)
Durban: One 3 MW & two 5 MW turbine-generators.
Hok Un (Hok Yuen) (Hong Kong): One 12.5 MW turbine-generator, c.1936.
Klip (South Africa): Twelve 33 MW turbine-generators plus four 7 MW house sets (first units in 1934)
Lullymore (Ireland): One 1 MW TA at a peat processing plant
Montevideo State Electic Co, Uruguay: Two 25 MW turbine-generators, each with 750 kW auxiliary alternator, plus 750 kW geared turbine-alternator, ordered 1930 
Morwell (Victoria, Australia): One 20MW & three 30MW turbine-generators (1950s).
Osborne Power House (Adelaide Electric Supply Co): Two? turbine-generators (c.1920)
Pasir Panjang (Singapore): Five 30 MW turbine-generators.
Pyrmont (Sydney): One 8 MW (1921, Unit 15); Two 12 MW units added in 1922,(Nos 13+14); 50 MWunit ordered in 1944; order was doubled in 1945, then doubled again in 1947, to a total of four 50 MW units. Delayed by the war, the first 50 MW machine arrived in 1948, but the new building was not ready. The first unit was not commissioned until 1952.
Salt River 2 PS (South Africa): Four 30 MW TAs
Sydney: 20 kVA turbine-generator
Thermo-Technical Institute, Moscow: 24 MW high pressure/high temperature turbine-generator, mid 1930s
USSR: Four 25 MW pass-out units, in conjunction with district heating system (1940s)
Victoria Falls Co: 32.5 MW turbine-generator
West Bank (South Africa): Two 15 MW TAs (1956)
Yallourn 'A' (Victoria, Australia): Six 12.5 MW turbine-generators, 1924-8.
Yallourn 'B': Four 25 MW turbine-generators, completion 1938.
See Metropolitan-Vickers Electrical Co 1899-1949 by John Dummelow for more information.