Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 130,460 pages of information and 207,757 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The line ran from the Darlington and Barnard Castle Line to serve local quarries and opened in 1870. It was soon in financial trouble and was closed in 1878. The line was then bought be the North Eastern Railway and was finally closed just after WWII