From Graces Guide
Following the merger of Massey-Harris and Ferguson both brands produced tractors whilst restructuring took place. Some existing models were renamed and the tractors had a new colour scheme of red and grey.
1954 Name changed.
1958 Name changed.
1959 Bought the Banner Lane factory from Standard Motor Co
1959 Massey-Ferguson bought the Perkins Diesel Engine Co of Peterborough. Previously Massey-Ferguson had had to buy in engines but this purchase meant that they would have access to a variety of engines and they were also able to build engines to supply to other companies.
1960 Name changed.
1961 Manufacturers and distributors of agricultural and industrial tractors and machinery. 1,000 employees.
In the early 1990s Massey-Ferguson was bought out in two phases by the AGCO Corporation. In 1991 the United States business was purchased, followed by the remaining businesses in 1994.
Sources of Information
- The Times, Apr 03, 1984
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- The Museum of English Rural Life Archive called Heavy Metal has a wonderful array of information regarding the company: MERL MF Info.