Martindale Electric Co
of Westmorland Road, (adjoining Queensbury Station, Met. Railway), The Hyde, London, NW9. Telephone: Colindale 6080. Telegraphic Address: "Commstones, Hyde, London"
1928 Founded as the UK offshoot of US Cleveland-based Martindale Electric Company Inc (Meco).
1937 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Martindale "Commstones" for Grinding Commutators and Slip Rings, Mica Undercutters, Portable Electric Blowers, Electrical Etchers, Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Equipment, Martindale Protective Face Masks and Refills. Automatic Safety Road Signals. (Stand No. Cb.807).
1950s Meco sold Martindale in the 1950s and subsequently the two businesses were independently owned and operated.
The Martindale UK business was acquired by Blagden Industries.
1997 It was sold in the summer of 1997 to Centurion Safety Products Ltd. They kept the protective mask business and sold the electrical test equipment business and name to its current owners in November 1997.
1998 In December, Martindale acquired the electrical test equipment of Alpha Electronics in a simultaneous transaction with Kane International, who acquired the gas detective business including the Maester Brand.
In progressive stages Martindale acquired firstly the master distributorship for Commbrushes in 1999 and the manufacturers of Commbrushes.
Sources of Information
- 1937 British Industries Fair Page 387