Lymington Power Station
1894 Lymington Electric Light and Power Company Limited obtained a Provisional Order to generate and supply electricity to Lymington.
1899 The company built a power station at Bath Road, Lymington which first supplied electricity to the town in 1899. The company owned and operated the power station and electricity supply system.
1927 The Wessex Electricity Co was formed to develop an integrated power supply system over a large area of southern England. The Wessex company took over several company and municipal electricity undertakings including the power stations at Amesbury, Andover, Chipping Norton, Downton, Frome, Lymington, Newbury and Yeovil. The company aimed to modernise, rationalise and integrate the distribution networks of its constituent companies. At Lymington the coal-fired plant was decommissioned and oil fuelled internal combustion engines were installed.
1939 the share capital of the Wessex company was wholly owned by Edmundsons' Electricity Corporation Limited.
1948 After nationalisation the Wessex company was abolished, ownership of Lymington power station was vested in the British Electricity Authority.
1959 Closed by the CEGB on 31 March 1959.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia