British Industrial History
From Graces Guide
Made by Lever Brothers.
- 1899 Lux soap was first launched in the UK as a flaked version of Sunlight Soap.
- 1916 Subsequently it was launched in the US, and marketed as a laundry soap targeted specifically at 'delicates'.
- 1928 Lux toilet soap was introduced in the UK as a brand extension of Lux soap flakes. Subsequently Lux soap has been marketed in several forms, including handwash, shower gel and cream bath soap.
- 1930-70s The colours and packaging were altered at various times, reflecting fashion trends.
- 1935 Lux toilet soap was introduced as a bathroom soap in the US.
- 1990s Lux shower gels and liquid soaps etc were introduced.
- 2004 Lux range relaunched.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia
-  Unilever company website