London and Westminster Steamboat Co
1836 R. J. W. Leith and two or three friends started the London and Westminster Steamboat Company, the first of several companies which maintained a service of small passenger boats between London Bridge and various places higher up the river.
The London and Westminster Company’s steamers were known as the "Flower Boats", and ran from and to the Surrey side of Westminster Bridge. Of the original boats, five, viz., the ‘Rose,’ the ‘Lily,’ the ‘Iris,’ the ‘Daisy,’ and the ‘Shamrock,’ were engined by Mr. Spiller.
c.1838 Company started operating steamers between the London and Hungerford Bridges.