Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,377 pages of information and 230,176 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Officially known as the London College of the International Education Society; also known as the Spring Grove School, from its location in the Spring Grove area of Isleworth, London
The International Education Society was first organized in 1863, primarily by Liberal politician and industrialist Richard Cobden, who hoped international education could help eliminate war and promote free trade.
1867 The College was opened by the Society,
It enrolled secondary-school students from a number of countries in a programme aimed at fostering internationalist sentiments in its pupils.
The college enrolled 10 day students and 58 boarders in its first year, rising to 100 students by the 1880s.
1889 The school closed (for unclear reasons), and the premises were sold to Borough Road College.