Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 127,384 pages of information and 200,996 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The following made up the London, Midland and Scottish Railway as a result of the Railways Act 1921 and came into force on the 1st January 1923:
1925 The London, Midland and Scottish Railway placed orders for nearly a hundred new engines in the Glasgow district. These engines formed part of the programme of new work announced by the company at the beginning of the year, and were built partly at the old Caledonian works at St. Rollox and partly at the works of private builders. The expenditure on their construction, amounted to a total of about £750,000. These orders have followed closely upon the announcement that the company had placed a contract with Hurst, Nelson and Co., of Motherwell, for seven five-coach trains, at a total cost of about £100,000, and another one with Pickering and Co., of Wishaw, for thirteen coaches.
1925 Since the London, Midland and Scottish Railway was formed, it has made provision for the construction of 2,303 new passenger coaches, 45,000 goods wagons, and 4,815 passenger and goods locomotives. 
1927 Mr H. G. Burgess the general manager retired on the March 31st, after fifty-three years' service. His office wasn't continued, but Sir Josiah Stamp, the president, had the assistance of four vice-presidents - Messrs S. H. Hunt, J. Quirey, J. H. Follows and R. W. Reid.
1930 With the passing of the Railway Companies Road Transport Acts, it became clear that the bus companies could face stiff competition so the management of the National Omnibus and Transport Co led the way in negotiating with the main railway companies, forming 3 joint companies, the last of which was the Eastern National Omnibus Co formed with the London and North Eastern Railway and the London, Midland and Scottish Railway.