Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,060 pages of information and 227,655 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Lead merchants and de-silverisers
c.1818 William James Lancaster (1802-66) joined John Locke's business
1854 The company name was changed to Locke, Lancaster and Co
1892 The company was registered on 18 January, to acquire the business of white-lead makers, lead rollers and metal merchants of the firm of the same name.
1894 Dissolution of the Partnership between John Locke Lancaster, Arthur Henry Lancaster, and Thomas Capper, carrying on business as Lead, Bullion, and General Merchants, at St. Peter's-chambers, Cornhill, in the city of London, under the style or firm of Locke Lancaster and Company.
1894 Amalgamation took place with W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons as Locke, Lancaster and W. W. and R. Johnson and Sons.