Llynfi and Ogmore Railway
The Llynfi and Ogmore Railway was formed by the merger on 1 July 1866 of the broad-gauge Llynfi Valley Railway and the standard-gauge Ogmore Valley Railway. It served Porthcawl, Bridgend, and Tondu in Glamorgan, Wales, along with various branches.
The company name was spelt Llynvi using the Anglicised phonetic spelling popular at the time, rather than the correct Welsh Llynfi.
1825 Dyffryn Llynfi and Porthcawl Railway authorised by Act of Parliament
1828 Bridgend Railway authorised by Act of Parliament
1861 Railways reopened as the Llynvi Valley Railway
1863 Ogmore Valley Railway authorised by Act of Parliament
1865 Ogmore Valley Railway opened from Nantymoel to Tondu
1866 Llynvi and Ogmore Railway formed by merger
1868 All lines now mixed gauge
1872 Broad gauge abandoned
1883 Amalgamated into the Great Western Railway
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia