of Clay Cross, Derbyshire
ca.1905 Marshall were motorcycles produced in Elson Street, Clay Cross, Derbyshire. Typically primitive, this machine was fitted with a 2hp Minerva engine hung from the down-tube of a bicycle frame. Basic in every respect, it had braced forks and direct-belt drive.
1914-15 Lily were motorcycles produced between 1914 and 1915, in Clay Cross, Derbyshire. During the early 1900s, they set up building motorcycles using T. D. Cross engines. These were a a small range of models. One used the 269cc Villiers two-stroke engine, or a Peco of the same size, others used 2.75hp or 3.5hp TDC sv engines. They all had a two-speed Albion gearbox and belt final-drive.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw. Published 2007. ISBN 978 1 8401 3967 9