Lilley and Skinner
of 1-2 Paddington Green, London
Makers of shoes.
1835 Thomas Lilley opens a shoe shop in Southwark, London.
1850s Factories were opened in Northamptonshire.
1870s Headquarters of the company moved to Paddington Green.
1881 William Banks Skinner, his son-in-law, joined the company and the name was changed to Lilley and Skinner.
1894 The company was registered on 20 July, to acquire the business of wholesale and retail boot makers of the firm of the same name. [1]
1914 80 establishments. Other Directors were T. Lilley (junr.), G. H. Skinner, .J. C. Lilley, E. Appleton, A. B. Phillips, and J. H. Skinner.
1956 Merger with Saxone Shoe Co
1957 Saxone, Lilley and Skinner group was a public company[2]
1962 Company acquired by the British Shoe Corporation[3]
1990s British Shoe Corporation broken up.
2008 Company now owned by Stead and Simpson.
See Also
Sources of Information
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5