Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,502 pages of information and 233,941 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Lewis William Goold (1862-1924), Chartered patent agent, of 5 Corporation Street, Birmingham. 
1862 born in Birmingham
1911 Lewis William Goold 49, patent agent, lived in Kings Norton with Esther Gertrude Goold 50, Rowland Lewis Goold 22, patent agent, Leslie Lane Goold 19, patent agent's assistant, Clarence Arthur Goold 16, Hilda Doreen Goold 13
1920 Rowland Lewis Goold was an associate
1925 Obituary 
LEWIS WILLIAM GOOLD was born at Aston Manor, Birmingham, on 29th November 1862, and his school education, which was received at various local private schools, was supplemented by attendance at the Howard Street Science and Art Institute, where during the years 1876-81 he gained numerous successes.
He spent those years in the office of Mr. William Hale, architect and surveyor, and a further three, 1882-85, with Mr. G. H. Cox, of the same profession, this being followed by an engagement which lasted ten years - 1885-95 - with Mr. George Barker, patent agent and consulting engineer.
In 1895 Mr. Goold started in business on his own account, as architect and surveyor, giving special attentions to the erection of engineering works and the installation of machinery, and three years later he opened practice as a patent agent and consulting engineer. This business grew to large proportions. Mr. Goold's experience and skill in patent matters, and his knowledge of underlying principles in mechanical details, gained for him the support of many well known firsts in various branches of engineering, and enabled him to sustain successfully, in the Courts and elsewhere, those patent applications and grants with which he was concerned.
Mr. Goold died on 8th December 1924, at the age of sixty-two.
He was elected an Associate of this Institution in 1917, and was made a Companion in 1922. He was also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Agents, an Enrolled Patent Attorney, U.S.A., and a British Member of the Institute of Patent Attorneys of Australia. For a number of years he was an active Member of the Council of the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce; and for 28 years was in the Warwickshire Yeomanry.