Leslie Bernard Williams (1891-1934)
1934 Obituary 
LESLIE BERNARD WILLIAMS had been connected with Messrs. William Beardmore and Company since 1916, and was for several years general manager of their pump department.
He was born at Thornton Heath, Surrey, in 1891. Between 1907 and 1914 he received his technical education at Battersea Polytechnic.
He served a seven years' apprenticeship with Messrs. Doulton and Company, spending four years in their London works, and three in their pattern shop, foundries, and drawing office at Paisley.
In 1914, after being rejected for the army on medical grounds, he was appointed assistant works manager, and subsequently became works manager. He then joined Messrs. Beardmore as outside engineer at their Parkhead works and later became assistant general machine shops manager. He was during that time responsible for a scheme to produce a "fixed radial" aero-engine by mass production.
After the War he was appointed general manager of the pump department and took charge of the removal of the pump works from Parkhead and their re-erection at Coatbridge.
He was then made responsible for the organization and sales control of the Mossend rolling mill works of the same firm, and later returned to Parkhead and was given commercial control of the rolling mills there.
Following subsequent reorganization, these works were closed down and Mr. Williams was appointed to carry out liaison duties between the forge, foundry, engineering shops, and furnace works.
He was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1927.
His death occurred on 24th October 1933.