Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,162 pages of information and 233,682 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Lemon and Co, confectioners of Drumcondra, Dublin.
1842 Graham Lemon opened The Confectioners Hall, at 49 Lower Sackville Street, Dublin.
The Lemon family retained control of it until the 1920's when it was bought by new owners, a Liverpool sweet manufacturer.
circa Late 1940's/50's The factory in Drumcondra was built.
Products included: Peggy’s Leg, Lettered Rock, Lemon’s Luxuries, Lemon’s Romance Assortment, Lemon’s Rum & Butter Toffees, Lemon’s Irish Butter Toffees, Lemon’s Taste of Ireland Tins.
1984 The factory closed after the business suffered financial difficulties. The brand name was bought by the Robert Roberts Co.