Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 126,800 pages of information and 199,893 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
This viaduct over the river Wharfe was the work of the Leeds and Thirsk Railway Company, which became the Leeds Northern Railway in 1851
1849 line opened
The Jackson Dock at Hartlepool opened 1st June 1852 and covered an area of fourteen acres. At the upper (west) side was a graving dock, for ship repairs. On the same day the railway was opened by Leeds Northern Railway, which connected West Hartlepool with Leeds, Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Bradford, Manchester, Liverpool and Preston. This opened up a trade route to the large inland towns in Yorkshire, taking fresh fish to the cities.
1854 Amalgamated with other companies as the North Eastern Railway