of Midland Road, Worcester (1914)
Lea and Perrins is a United Kingdom food company, originating in Worcester with a subsidiary in the United States which manufactures Lea and Perrins in New Jersey. Lea and Perrins was part of the HP Foods Co that was bought by Heinz from previous owner Danone in 2005.
1838 Lea and Perrins sauce was first sold in Worcester by John Wheeley Lea and William Henry Perrins, dispensing chemists from Broad Street, Worcester.
1842 Sales of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce were at 636 bottles.
1855 By this time, the sales of the sauce had increased to 30,000 bottles.
1914 Sauce manufacturers. Speciality: Worcester Sauce. 
1930 Lea and Perrins merged with its distributor, the manufacturer of H. P. Sauce.
1967 H P Sauce was acquired by Imperial Tobacco Co
Worcestershire Sauce is currently produced from the Midland Road factory in Worcester that Lea and Perrins built. Midland Road being named after the Midland Railway, the factory having originally having rail sidings to provide raw material and distribution.
2008 The company is now owned by Heinz.