Lancashire Watch Co
of Lancashire Watch Works at Prescot.
c.1650 The industry of watch-making was first introduced into England during the Commonwealth and soon afterwards the trade seems to have been established in Prescot.
1888 The company was registered on 5 December as a practical amalgamation of almost all the watch movement makers in Prescot, and three firms outside the town; Mr. T. P. Hewitt was managing director.
1890 first phase of a new factory in Prescot was opened
1894 Description of visit to the works. Produced 500 watches per day.
1897 Re-construction took place and the present company was registered 13 March. 
1899 Great dissatisfaction from the shareholders that the company's accounts had not been providing an accurate view of the company's position; the directors hoped to get back into profit but could give no guarantee
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1893
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- Liverpool Mercury, May 16, 1899