Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,161 pages of information and 233,681 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Bridle Road, Bootle, Liverpool.
of 66/72 St. Anne Street, Liverpool.
1817 Company founded by Joseph Chiesa as makers of barometers, wood carvers, gilders and glass merchants.
1842 Lawrence Keizer joins the company.
1853 Company name changed to L. Keizer and Co.
1902 Company incorporated as L. Keizer and Co. Ltd.
1926 Acquired Scottish and Baltic Trading Co.
1936 Acquired Veneercraft.
1938 Acquired R. G. C. Panels.
1939 Acquired P. H. Graham and Co.
1950 Acquired Bryson and Co.
1952 Acquired J. G. Nicholls (1935).
1955 Sold Veneercraft.
1956 Formed a subsidiary called Solastos.
1959 Acquired Angus Plywood Co.
1960 Formed a subsidiary called Stabilite.
1961 Acquired H. J. Townsend and Son.
1964 Acquired P. McDonald and P. McDonald (Veneered Plywood)
The History of Keizer. Booklet published by the company in 1967.