Joseph Adamson and Co
Joseph Adamson and Co at Hyde were boilermakers.
1881 Employing 62 persons.
1887 Partnership dissolved. Henry Booth retired. '...Joseph Adamson and Henry Booth, carrying on business at Hyde, in the county of Chester, as Boiler Makers and Engineers, under the style or firm of Joseph Adamson and Co., is dissolved, by mutual consent...'
1900 Booklet entitled 'Electric Overhead Travelling Cranes'
1902 Made a 15-ton overhead crane for Ferranti Hollinwood works. This was thought worthy of comment by 'The Engineer' due to the expediency with which the crane was built and installed: Ordered 6th June, built and commissioned by 14th July, including production of castings 
1904 Joseph's sons, Daniel and Harold, entered into partnership with their father.
1920 The death of Joseph Adamson
1935 See Joseph Adamson and Co:1935 Review
1951 Advert. Manufacturers of boilers of all types. Cranes. Presswork. Welded fabrications. Part of Adamson group with Adamson-Alliance Co and Horsehay Co
1960 Advert. Manufacturers of boilers, cranes, presswork, welded fabrications. Part of Adamson group with Adamson-Alliance Co and Horsehay Co
Sources of Information
- The Engineer of 20th August 1920
- The Engineer of 26th October 1900 p427
- Mechanical World Year Book 1945. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p136
- Mechanical World Year Book 1951. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p136
- Mechanical World Year Book 1960. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p136