Jones and Knight
of Union Foundry, 4 Trafford Street, Manchester
1825 Listed as ironfounders and boiler makers
The 1849 OS map shows the 'Union Foundry' its entrance on Trafford Street, and the back wall facing Trumpet Street. At that time it was occupied by John Glasgow. The buildings occupied a ground area of about 70 ft by 130 ft. Note: The site was subsequently covered by the railway viaduct serving Manchester Central Station.
Sources of Information
- 'History, Directory, and Gazeteer of the County of Lancaster', Vol 2, by Edward Baines and W. Parson