Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,973 pages of information and 229,026 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
John White (1867-1898)
1899 Obituary 
JOHN WHITE, son of Mr. Nicholson White, of Folkestone, was born on the 11th August, 1867.
After serving articles to the late Mr. A. W. Conquest, Borough Engineer of Folkestone, he was appointed Assistant Borough Engineer in May, 1889, and was entrusted with the supervision of important drainage and outfall works at Sandgate. On the death of Mr. Conquest he was elected, in May, 1892, Engineer and Surveyor to the Borough of Folkestone.
In that capacity hed esigned and constructed a sea-wall, promenade and gardens on the sea-front, and, under the advice of James Mansergh, divided the outfall sewers into high- and low-level systems. His last work was an extension of the Sanatorium, formally opened only one week before his death, which took place on the 22nd October, 1598, from typhoid and peritonitis.
Mr. White was a man of most amiable disposition and was much esteemed by all with whom he came in contact.
He was elected an Associate Member on the 7th February, 1893.