John Rylands Library
The architect was Basil Champneys. Morrison of Liverpool were the main contractors. Sandstone for the building came from a quarry in Penrith. Bookcases by Clements, Jeakes and Co of Bloomsbury Street, London. Most of the sculptures were by Mr Bridgeman of Lichfield. Extensive filtering arrangements were provided for air drawn into the library. The electric lighting was undertaken by Mr. Thomas, under the supervision of Charles Hopkinson (1854-1920) as consulting engineer. The electric fittings and much of the other decorative metalwork were by J. W. Singer and Sons, of Frome, Somerset.