John Mason and James Davenport, of the Globe Works, Rochdale, machine manufacturers.
James Davenport was the nephew of John Mason, and carried on business under the name of John Mason
- 1853 Cotton drawing machine (Mr. Mason of Rochdale)
- 1853 Roving and Slubbing Frames & Throstle
Sources of Information
- ↑ Rochdale Observer, 16 March 1867
-  Manchester Archives: 1633-1916 (10 boxes): Records including title deeds, 1820-1836 (2 items); patents and diagrams of machinery for use in the textile industry, not dated and 1842-1861 (6 items); letter books, 1838-1857, (3 volumes) and correspondence, 1835, 1838-1857, including letters from Paris and St. Petersburg; papers of the Mason, Davenport and Whitehead families, 1633-1916 (approximately 4 boxes).
- The Imperial Journal 1853 Volume III. p560
- The Imperial Journal 1853 Volume III. p684