John David Rowland
1872 Born at Moss Side, Manchester the son of Edward, a publican and his wife Jane. Had brothers William and Edward
1911 John David Rowland living at 10 Riddings Road, Moseley (age 38 born Manchester), a Screw Manufacturer. With his wife Marguerite Anne (age 38 born Liverpool) and their children Marjorie (age 7 born Birmingham), John Cecil (age 6 born Birmingham) and Edward Geoffrey (age 1 born Birmingham). One servant. 
1937 Died at Solihull
1937 Obituary 
JOHN DAVID ROWLAND was a partner in the firm of Messrs. Wright and Rowland, of Birmingham, manufacturers of bolts, screws, nuts, and other small parts machined on capstan lathes. In 1907 the firm was amalgamated with Messrs. James Warne, and was converted into a limited liability company with the name of Warne, Wright and Rowland, Ltd. Mr. Rowland was made managing director, and held this position until his death, which occurred at Solihull, Birmingham, on 2nd May 1937. Mr. Rowland was born in 1872 and received his technical education at Manchester Technical School. In 1889 he entered the works of Messrs. John Holroyd and Company, Ltd., where he served for six years. He was then employed in the assembling shops of the Linotype Company, Manchester, for six months. He later took charge of the repairs and maintenance of the engines and boilers of a fleet of eight passenger steamships belonging to the Irwell Steam Ferry Company. In 1896 he was appointed manager of the turret lathe department at Messrs. James Warne's works, Watery Lane, Birmingham, and in the following year commenced his partnership in Messrs. Wright and Rowland's business. During the remaining forty years of his life he interested himself mainly in the technical side of the business, and developed many new methods to facilitate production of the firm's goods. He always made his own drawings and wooden patterns for this purpose. Mr. Rowland was also a director of the Warland Dual Rim Company, Ltd., and was for some years managing director of the Bordesley Engineering Company, Ltd., which then manufactured motor cycles.
He was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1907.