John Compton Organ Co
From Graces Guide
of Chase Estate, Willesden, and Minerva Road, North Acton, London, NW10. Telephone: Elgar 6666-7-8. Cables: "Elgar 6666"
-  There were 261 theatre organs built by the John Compton Organ Co, and installed in theatres, town halls, and studios throughout the UK and overseas.
- The company traded from the 1900s until 1970.
- 1929 They were the first company to pioneer electronic tones.
- 1931 They were more famous for their cinema organs but built many fine church instruments including Downside Abbey in 1931.
- From 1935 they developed the "melotone", first used as an attachment on their cinema organs from 1935.
- 1936 film showing the various stages of constructing an testing Compton organs here.
- By the end of the 1930s his had been developed into a complete electronic instrument with the theatre model called the "theatrone" and the church model the "electrone".
- 1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of the Compton Electrone (Pipeless Organ). The Compton Miniatura Pipe Organ. Pipe Organs for Cathedrals, Churches, Municipal and Educational Establishments and for Cinema Purposes. The Compton Variable Control Electric Space Heater. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. C.1501) 
Sources of Information
-  Chris Thompson Organist Website