1861 Patent to Robert Jobson, of Dudley and Cromwell Fleetwood Varley, of 4, Fortess-terrace, Kentish Town, in the county of Middlesex, in respect of the invention of "improvements in posts or supports for telegraph wires."
Robert's son Howard became a telegraph engineer.
1885 Ernest Wentworth Buller and John Thomas Harris, having formed a partnership as potters, metal works and contractors at Hanley, Birmingham and London agreed with Howard Cochrane Jobson to form a new company, Buller, Jobson and Co, to acquire the existing company and Jobson Brothers which was carrying on a similar line of business.
Sources of Information
- London Gazette 15 Oct 1861