As Shilton Ltd of 11 Brushfield Street, Bishopsgate, London, E1. Telephone: Bishopsgate 7034. (1947)
- In 1933, Alexander Shilton founded a handbag company in the City of London.
- Production continued until the outbreak of war, when Alex was to see active service.
- The factory was seconded to make gas masks and, despite being bombed four times, it survived under the capable management of Alex's secretary, Jane. When Alex returned home, not only did he marry Jane, but he named the company Jane Shilton.
- 1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Fine Grade Handbags in a Variety of Colours and Leathers including Calf, Suede, Reptiles and Grains. Bags for the Party Dress Occasion and Sportswear a Speciality. (Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No. 454) 
- Today, from the company's headquarters in London, Jane Shilton trades not only in the domestic market, but also in export markets across the world, from Europe through Russia and Scandanavia into Hong Kong, China and Singapore.
Sources of Information