James Wrigley and Sons
of Bridge Hall Mills, Bury.
1810 Established by James Wrigley.
1842 Partnership dissolved between James Wrigley the elder and Thomas Wrigley, as James Wrigley and Son. Business to be carried on by Thomas Wrigley and James Wrigley Jr. 
1915 A new concrete roof collapsed at the Bridge Hall Mills killing eight workers, a ninth victim died later from his injuries. The accident was the result of faults in the design and construction of the roof.
1924 The company was liquidated.
Sources of Information
- Manchester Times - Saturday 2 July 1842