Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,376 pages of information and 211,456 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
James Scott Kincaid (1878-1940) of John G. Kincaid and Co
1940 Obituary 
James Scott Kincaid died suddenly at his home at Brannochlie, Bridge-of-Weir, on July 30, 1940.
Mr. Kincaid, who was an outstanding personality in Clyde engineering and shipbuilding circles, succeeded his father in 1924 as chairman and managing director of the firm of Messrs. John G. Kincaid and Company, marine engineers, Greenock.
He was Vice-Chairman of the National Association of Marine Engine Builders, and, among other honorary positions in Greenock, was a Justice of the Peace for Renfrewshire. After the last war he was made an O.B.E.
An authority on Diesel-engine construction, Mr. Kincaid played an important part in the development of this machinery in the Clyde area. He was one of the first engineers to appreciate the importance of the Diesel engine in marine work, and his advice on problems of marine engineering was frequently sought by ship-owners both at home and abroad. He built up so fine a reputation for this particular class of work that his firm has been kept increasingly busy on Diesel-engine construction since 1923.
Mr. Kincaid was elected a member of the Institute of Metals in 1918.