of Victoria Rd, Willesden Junction
JD motorcycles were designed, manufactured and sold by the Bowden Wire Co from 1922 to 1926.
1922 The first machine appeared as a miniature that had a 116cc two-stroke engine clipped to the inside of the front downtube of a safety-cycle frame. It had magneto ignition and drive by chain to a friction pulley working on the inside flange of the rear wheel rim. Clipped beneath the frame top-tube was a slim fuel-tank. It had braced, unsprung forks and appeared to be no more than a motorized bicycle
1923 A further model was added. This had an open ladies'-style frame.
1924-1925 Those models continued with little change.
1926 Only the gents' model was listed, after which, there was nothing more.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press