Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,980 pages of information and 229,144 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 47 to 54 Great Brunswick Street, Dublin
1875 Company established by John McGloughlin at Cuffe Lane, Dublin.
1882 J. McGloughlin moved works and residence to 48 Great Brunswick Street.
1889 J. McGloughlin's eldest son John (d.1922) came into partnership and the business was thereafter known as J. McGloughlin and Son.
Edward and Charles, J. McGloughlin's other two sons, joined the firm.
1896 At John McGloughlin's death, John McGloughlin Jnr. and Charles formed J. & C. McGloughlin Ltd.
1914 Art metal and church metal workers; constructional engineers. Specialities: wrought or cast iron, copper or brass, polished, electro-plated, galvanized, painted and decorated or other finishes; structural ironwork such as roof trusses, stanchions, ties, roofs and general builders' ironwork. Employees 120. 
Artwork included the metal canopy above the entrance to the Mansion House and the decorative entrance to the Phoenix Park at Islandbridge, Dublin. McGloughlin’s employed 120 in 1914.
1932 Charles McGloughlin dies John the younger's son John and two of Charles's sons, Stephen J. McGloughlin and Peter (b. 1906), were made managing directors.www.dia.ie
Peter McGloughlin was chairman and managing director in 1975.